Stephen Koss, MD is an Orthopedic Surgeon fellowship-trained in Sports Medicine with The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey.
Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Koss is an attending physician at Newton Medical Center, where he previously served as the Chief of Surgery in the Department of Surgery.
Dr. Koss has been recognized as America’s Top Physician in Orthopedic Surgery for many years and is published in numerous orthopedic journals. He has also made presentations on a variety of subjects related to orthopedic care and sports medicine.
Dr. Koss, his wife, Debbie, and their two sons reside in Sparta, New Jersey. In his spare time, Dr. Koss enjoys tennis, outdoor activities and spending time with his family.
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Ligament Reconstruction
- Orthopedic trauma
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder & Knee Instability
- Shoulder, Knee & Hip Arthritis
- Knee Meniscus Surgery
- Fellowship training in sports medicine, New England Medical Center, Tufts University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine in Boston, MA.
- Residency and Internship, University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester, MA.
- Medical Degree, School of Medicine at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA.
- Graduated magna cum laude with Phi Beta Kappa honors, Pomona College in Claremont, CA.
"I could not have imagined better results for the arthroscopy on my torn meniscus. Prior to the procedure, Dr. Koss made me feel quite confident in his ability and the favorable outcome. He was 100% correct. From the moment I came to, after the surgery, I had zero pain and zero discomfort. I was able to put full weight on my corrected knee and I have had no trouble walking around on it. In fact, the leg with the procedure done, already feels 10 times better than the knee I have yet to have corrected. I anticipate my second knee procedure to be just as successful. Thank you Dr. Koss! You have my highest recommendations."