Dr. Robert A. DeFalco, Jr. is an orthopedic surgeon with The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey. He is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Prior to joining OINJ, Dr. DeFalco served on the medical staff for the hockey teams: the Phantoms and Flyers. He also served on the medical staff for Drexel University.
Dr. DeFalco is a member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Osteopathic Association. He has also lectured at national meetings and is published in peer reviewed journals.
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee & Shoulder
- Articular Cartilage Transplants
- Ligament Reconstruction
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Meniscal Repair
- Fellowship in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery, Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.
- Residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)—Kennedy Health System.
- Medical Degree, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in Biddeford, ME
- Undergraduate Degree, University of Maryland in College Park, MD.
“Dr. DeFalco and the entire team at The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey are outstanding. In the past 8 months Dr. Defalco has operated on my beaten-up knee and then a torn bicep. Each time the surgery was outstanding and my recovery was quick. The physical therapist raved about the surgery and my recovery. Thanks for helping get this 45-year-old man back in the gym and back playing sports.”