Behnam Salari, DO is the Orthopedic Surgeon with the Spine Center at The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey. He is Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Salari is a member of the American Osteopathic Association, the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the North American Spine Society. He also maintains membership in The Society of Lateral Access Surgery and has been published on topics related to spinal surgery, treatment and care.
Dr. Salari is known for his clinical and surgical skills involving the spine and his commitment to patients. He exhausts all non-operative treatments to address the pathology of the spine before considering surgical options.
- Artificial disc replacement
- Herniated disc / bulging disc
- Minimally invasive microdiscectomy, fusion and decompression
- Neck and back pain
- Non-surgical treatment & diagnosis of cervical, thoracic & lumbar spine disorders
- Revision spine surgery
- Sacral iliac joint disorders and fusion
- Sciatica / radiculopathy
- Scoliosis and deformity
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine trauma
- Spine tumors
- Dual Fellowship Training, University of California, San Diego Medical Center in San Diego, CA
- The Maryland Spinal Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, MD.
- Medical Degree, The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) in Newark, NJ Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University in New York City.
- Undergraduate Degree, Chemical biology from Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ.
Best Doctor in Town! Love this guy. Had ACDF surgery back in Dec. 2017 and have had complete recovery and my experience with him and his office has been Great everytime. Prompt, Courteous and Caring! I had complete confidence in his surgical abilities as my husband used him for the exact same surgery almost exactly a year before, so we got to know him well! Couldn't have done better!! I recommend him highly!