Christian J. Zaino, MD is a board-eligible Orthopedic Surgeon with sub-specialized training in hand, upper extremity, and microscopic surgery.
He treats both children and adults with any orthopedic injury or ailment of the arm. Recently, he completed a traveling fellowship in complex wrist arthroscopy and reconstruction at the Hand Institute of Auckland, New Zealand. Dr. Zaino has made numerous national and international presentations as well as published peer-reviewed articles. He took first prize at the New York Society for Surgery of the Hand Resident and Fellows Conference.
In his free time, Dr. Zaino’s interests include architecture, traveling, photography, cycling, snorkeling, off-roading, and building sand sculptures on Long Beach Island.
- Arthritis (rheumatoid and osteoarthritis)
- Arthroscopy of the wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Bursitis, synovitis and tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Casts and splints for fractures, breaks, and dislocations
- Congenital hand issues
- Cost-effective options
- Ganglion cysts, mucous cysts, and other masses
- DeQuervain tenosynovitis / mommy thumb
- Distal radioulnar joint (DRUJ) and triangular fibrocartilage (TFCC) injuries
- Dupuytren’s contracture and injections
- Lacerations and crush injuries of the hand and fingertip
- Infections of bone (osteomyelitis) or soft tissue
- Joint replacement – fingers, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Loose bodies and cartilage damage
- Malunion (bone deformity) correction
- MicroTip tendonitis treatment
- Minimally invasive surgery for fractures and dislocations
- Muscle, ligament, and tendon laceration/tears/sprains and repair
- Nerve injuries and microsurgical repair
- Occupational injuries
- Pain management
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Revision joint replacement
- Sports injuries / tennis elbow
- Steroid injections
- Surgical options without sedation, tourniquets, or intubation
- Trigger finger/thumb
- Unsolved injuries
- Wounds, scarring, and joint contracture
- Wrist fractures, injuries, and reconstruction
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, State University of New York Health Science Center, SUNY Downstate Medical Center. Team physician for two Brooklyn high school football teams.
- Internship in General Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Medical Degree, New York University School of Medicine, where he was elected class president and gave the valedictory address. Recipient of the Alumni Association Award and the Faculty Council Student Leader Award.
- Undergraduate Degree, New York University NYU (Departmental Honors, Magna Cum Laude in Urban Design and Architecture Studies).
Dr. Zaino is professional, knowledgeable, talented and skilled. Overall an amazing doctor. I have no complaints about the care my son received from Dr. Zaino and his staff. I found him informative, professional and overall very much a patient advocate. The care my son received from beginning to end is five star! The results of the operation were better than we expected. His mobility is back, no pain and full range of motion. I would refer him and his staff to anyone for their orthopedic needs! We couldn’t be happier! Thank you Dr. Zanio and staff.