Ashley J. Bassett, M.D. is an Orthopedic Surgeon at The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey.
Dr. Bassett is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports-related injuries of the shoulder, elbow and knee. She graduated top of her class at Rutgers UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, where she was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and Gold Humanism Honor Society. Following medical school, Dr. Bassett completed her residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program. She then completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine Surgery at the Rothman Orthopaedic Institute at Thomas Jefferson University.
Prior to this position, Dr. Bassett served as a team physician for the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and 76ers as well as Villanova University and Saint Joseph’s University Athletics. She also served on the medical staff for several running events, including the Philadelphia Marathon. Dr. Bassett has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications, presentations and book chapters on the diagnosis and management of sports-related injuries. She is also an author and content reviewer for the online publication Orthobullets. Dr. Bassett is an active member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Bassett is a New Jersey native and enjoys hiking, running and playing squash in her free time. She has a special interest in sports-related injuries of the female athlete and serves as the director of the Women’s Sports Medicine Center at the Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey.
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee & Shoulder
- Meniscal Repair
- Shoulder Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Labrum Repair
- Elbow Tendon and Ligament Reconstruction / Repair
- Cartilage Restoration Surgery
- Knee Tendon and Ligament Reconstruction / Repair
- Female Athlete
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine, Rothman Orthopaedic Institute at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA.
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, Boston, MA.
- Medical Doctor (M.D.), Rutgers UMDNJ: Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Biochemistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY.