Dr. Rehan Syed Shamim is an Orthopedic Surgeon at The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey.
Prior to this position, Dr. Shamim was an Assistant Team Physician for the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Bruins. In this role, he treated many Olympic, professional and NCAA Division I athletes. He also held a position at The Promise Clinic in New Brunswick, NJ, teaching first and second year medical students about the diagnosis and treatment of common conditions while providing care to the city’s underserved population.
Dr. Shamin maintains active memberships in several professional societies, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. Dr. Shamim has lectured on many orthopedic surgery, including common and uncommon shoulder and knee injuries, the use of knee braces and the newest surgical techniques in sports medicine.
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee, shoulder and hip
- Cartilage restoration surgery
- Hip labrum repair
- Ligament reconstruction and tendon repair of the knee and elbow
- Meniscus repair
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder labrum repair
- Fellowship in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA.
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Health System and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) in Philadelphia, PA.
- Medical Degree, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, NJ where he was elected president of his medical school class and elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
"I highly recommend The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey because they have an efficient operation with many Doctors to choose from. Their Doctors specialize in many different areas of Orthopedics. I fractured my ankle, and was given an appointment for the same day of the accident. I saw Dr. Rehan Shamim who was excellent."