Ferheen Shamim, MD is a dedicated Sports Medicine Physician focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of sports-related injuries.
Dr. Shamim is Dual Board Certified by The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. During Dr. Shamim's fellowship at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, she studied and gained expertise in bedside musculoskeletal ultrasound evaluation and guided injections. She has a keen interest in using regenerative medicine to help treat orthopedic conditions. During her fellowship, she volunteered at a charitable program called Team-to-Win, which provides free comprehensive orthopedic care to student athletes at weekend clinics throughout football season.
Dr. Shamim has a lifelong passion for sports that fueled her career in sports medicine. She enjoys helping high school, collegiate and recreational athletes of all ages get back to doing what they love and believes that a carefully tailored rehabilitation program in conjunction with medications can conservatively manage many orthopedic conditions.
- Sports Injuries
- Electrodiagnostic Testing
- Hip, Knee, Ankle and Foot Conditions
- Joint Injection Procedures using Ultrasonic Guidance
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand Conditions
- Sprains & Strains Treatment -Biologic Therapies such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine with a concentration in Non-Operative Management of Orthopedic Conditions, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
- Medical Degree with a Distinction in Bioethics, Albany Medical College in Albany, NY.
- Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Thomas Jefferson Medical Residency Program in Philadelphia, PA. Elected/Served as Chief Resident in her final year.
- Internship in Internal Medicine, Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY.
"I came to see Dr Shamim for relief from my chronic tennis elbow. I had been suffering and reducing my lifestyle for almost a year when I met her. I had heard about PRP and was thinking it was my last option before surgery.
Dr Shamim recommended a newer procedure called Tenex which she performed on me in April. She said that I might also need the PRP to boost healing and really “do the job”. And that’s what happened. I am 4 weeks post PRP and am so happy with my recovery! Dr Shamim and her assistant Angela have been wonderful throughout. They’ve answered my questions and concerns fully and are responsive when I leave a message for them. Besides being talented and wonderful caregivers they are just the nicest professionals to deal with. The staff of the Institute, from the front desk on back are efficient, smart and helpful. I recommend the Institute wholeheartedly!"